At Amazon, we strive to be earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is we’ve only just begun.
Amazon, has an immediate opening for an IT Engineer in one of our Fulfilment Centres. Fulfilment Centres throughout Poland handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors, and ships them across the globe each day. The successful candidate will ‘know how things work’ in his/her areas of responsibility and keep changes under control. You will build and operate infrastructure environments and will provide critical input to ensure that the platform is designed with operability in mind. You will make sure that all work around infrastructure moves forward successfully. As no two days are the same in Amazon you will thrive on changes and embrace ambiguity.
Since we believe that diversity improves teams, we are looking for people of different gender and age and with different background and experience.
Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making History.
What makes this team a great place to work?
- Day 1 opportunity – You will be joining a team that is responsible to what happens after the customer clicks “buy”.
- Opportunities for growth – You will have the opportunity to manage build & deploy projects, involved in the pre-delivery of the environment and ensure that continuous improvement and innovation is at the forefront of what we do.
- Scale New Heights – With the fast pace growth of our fulfilment network, you will be working on challenging and complex problems to help us scale and grow the service to meet our customer demands.
- What does Junior IT Support Engineer do?
- Support end user devices and assets;
- Executing a variety of routine technical SOPs (Standard Operation Procedure) on hardware, operating systems, or enterprise application software;
- Use the knowledge to determine which procedure (or when a slight deviation is needed) to resolve the issue;
- Determine the most appropriate procedure to follow in each case;
- Document the actions in a task tracking system or in team notes, especially when a deviation from the standard practice could improve a procedure;
- Escalate when situations require significant deviation from SOPs or when issues appear risky or difficult;
- Understand the workflows involved in the software and hardware that are installed, configured, and/or decommissioned;
- May participate in team or site improvement efforts;
- Execute change management procedures;
- Responds to emergent events;
- Help with training of new team members, assist them when they encounter unexpected situations.
- You have experience with IT support by implementing proven techniques that both resolve issues and increase customer satisfaction;
- You are able to set up and install computer and network equipment, maintain printers, and troubleshoot thin clients;
- You have experience with ticket handling systems;
- You understand the foundations of networking (commonly used network devices, such as NICs, hubs, switches, and routers);
- You are able to demonstrate strong knowledge of the Windows operating system, focusing on the administrative tasks necessary for keeping OS in tiptop shape;
- You have willingness to learn how to identify problems and work backwards to solve them by understanding root causes, proposing possible options, making recommendations, and implementing solutions.
- Industry certifications such as Cisco (CCT, CCNA), CompTIA A +, CompTIA Security +, CompTIA Network +;
- Linux command line using the Bash shell, understanding of volumes and partitions, RAID, and Linux file systems;
- Fundamentals of network routing, such as VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network), DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol);
- Experience with troubleshooting of Windows Storage Spaces, removable USB drives, memory caches, and drive failures. Familiar with EFS and BitLocker;
- Basic understanding of Wireless Networking;
- 1+ years of systems or relevant experience.
- Please note you are not required to meet all of the above-mentioned expectations, any combination is welcome! (The more the better, of course).
In addition we expect fluency in English and Polish, open mind, willingness to learn new skills and respect for the team spirit.
Valid driving license and flexibility to work and travel outside of your designated location.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us