The Amazon Reliability Maintenance and Engineering team keeps all our equipment in excellent working order, from printers to fully automated sortation systems.
You will be looking after the automated systems within our buildings and the systems that interact with them from outside the Fulfillment Centre, helping with fault finding, leading process improvements, project delivery across multiple platforms and will be involved in the installation and commissioning of new equipment. You will be a key part of a highly skilled team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
- Ability to take the lead and be the subject matter expert within an Engineering Team
- Ability to develop code on different platforms
- Experience solving complex issues across Controls, Fieldbus and IT Platforms
- Knowledge of Process Flow
- Proven ability to analyse metrics and leverage them for process optimisation.
- Working knowledge of Warehouse Control Systems and Telegrams.
- Strong ability to communicate complex problems across business teams.
- Run and lead FC and Regional Controls Projects
- Experience in advising and steering Vendor projects
- Experience leading or being a signatory in a Change Management Process
- Being a point of technical reference and escalation for FC Controls Engineers, Engineering Teams, Operational Teams and other Business Stakeholders, within an FC, Hub of FC’s or Region.
- Sound knowledge of Machine Safety Regulations and Safe Working Practices.
- Driving and Developing Standards and Processes as part of a Regional initiative.
- Experience working in National or International groups of Engineers.
- Strong desire to develop themselves and other CSS within an FC, Hub of FC’s or Regional Group
- Identify Skill and Knowledge Gaps within Controls Teams
- Deliver technical and non-technical system training to different business groups
- Experience supporting or developing IT systems like IP Networks, Linux
- Minimum of HND/C or BSc in Electrical or Controls biased qualification.
- PLC programming and implementation experience with one of the following: Siemens S7, Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Momentum, AutomationDirect, Mitsubishi, Omron, Aromat, Toshiba, etc.
- Experience with SQL, Linux, Cloud Technology and IP Networking
- Ability to develop and/or modify scripts in scripting languages like Java, Python, C, Perl or similar.
- Project management, organization and problem solving skills with a drive for results and the ability to handle multiple tasks and teams.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced and growing European and global environment where travel is required.
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or other related engineering degree.
- Knowledge of at least one other EU language would be an asset.
We are looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.